2021 BrainArt Competition
The OHBM Brain-Art Special-Interest-Group (SIG) is happy to display the amazing artwork from the 2021 Brain-Art Competition! As for all initiatives of our SIG, this competition aims at fostering the dialog between artists and scientists.
We believe that the exchange of ideas and tools between these two disciplines encourages the development of novel approaches to scientific data visualization, and promotes the exploration of different perspectives on human brain structures and functions.
Submission and voting for the 2021 BrainArt Competition is currently closed but stay tuned for 2022!
2021 Theme and categories
There were six awards categories:
1) Big Data & Me - We would like to celebrate the achievements of Big Data neuroimaging projects, while acknowledging the suffering of individuals affected with brain disorders.
2) Beautiful Mistake - anything resulting from a artifact, bug, or failed attempt
3) Pictures to Prose - brainart poem or brainart short story
4) Still Images - brainart-related images
5) Videos and Animations - brainart-related audio-visual and animation contributions
6) Logo for OHBM SEA SIG
Awards during the Annual Meeting! You can view the winners on our Instagram Instagram where we post the amazing works of our artists and contributers!
Past Brain Art Competitions
Links to the 2020 and ealier Brain Art Competitions and winners may be found below.
The 2020 Brain-Art competition opened for submissions April 30, 2019. We accepted pieces for the following categories: 2D art (i.e., digital images such as drawings, photos, paintings); 3D art (i.e., sculptures & installations); Failed attempt/bug/artifact; and Special category on Neurodiversity. The full gallery for the 2020 competition can be found at the 2020 Brain Art Competition site
2019 and earlier
Brain Art Competitions from 2019 and earlier can be found at the Neurobureau Brain Art Competition site